Monday, June 20, 2011

"A reflection on a year gone by"

Its been a while since I've written a blog. I have personal reasons for not doing any since my last immi update. I've been on the biggest life rollercoaster these past 3-4 months. It has been a highly emotional time for me. I have been treated unfairly, been the focus of a number of nasty lies and rumours and have been judged accordingly. I have lost friends, one expected, others extremely unexpected and have caused me great pain.
I have kept myself at a distance to save myself any further hurt. Isolated myself from the outside world. One outcome of this is that I now know who I can trust and really call a friend. Unfortunally a second outcome of this is that im now finding it hard to trust anyone let alone open out to them and really be myself. I have started to feel really alone and dissappointed in everything. It truely has been the shittest end to worst year of my life.

Last friday marked the official 1 year mark since my life got turned upside down. Yup the day I lost my job. All in all it hasnt been that bad of a year. Yes, I havent worked a day since last june, Yes I still dont have a new visa.... yet!. Yes, we have lived in poverty, Yes my brother has had to leave Australia and I miss him dearly, Yes, the last few months have been crap. However, Ive had an amazing holiday, got engaged in Paris, spent Christmas with my parents and future in-laws. I had an amazing Birthday party, Bit the bullet and joined a musical society (more on that later), But most of all after a year, myself and Matt are still as strong as ever and still completely in love. Hopefully i'll have a new visa in the next 3 months and then we can move from our horrible apartment, plan our wedding and go on a much needed holiday.

Huge thanks to everyone for their support, friendship and love over the past year (even those who are no longer friends, you were a huge support to us before it all fell to pieces and we thank you for that). once everything is back to normal, we will be inviting all those (and i mean "all") who a supported us for a meal somewhere. xx

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment