Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Are you there Immi? Its me Claire (Part 4)

So tomorrow is September and the 17th of sept will equal a year since the visa application went into Immigration. Its been a long and stressful year and hopefully this will all come to an end shortly. HOPEFULLY!!!! my greatest fear is being declined and having to re apply all over again. The thoughts of having to wait up to another year is just frightfull espically after everything myself and Matty have been through. I contacted immi a week and a half ago and was told that finally we have a case officer. Huzzah!! usually once this happens its just a couple of weeks till we get an answer and my nerves are ratteling with so much anxiety. I spoke with the most lovely guy who I have to say has been the most helpful, polite and informative person I have had the pleasure of speaking too whenever I have called up. He said that seeing as I havent actually heard from my case officer that i should take it as "no news is good news" I hope he is correct.!!

Not sure if  I have mentioned before but the reason we fear the decline so much is that we havent fulfilled one of the main requirements. The you must have lived with each other for a year when applying for this visa. one that we missed out on by 4 months. however we did state in our Stat Decs that we moved in together so quickly because since we got together over a year before we applied we had actually spent every night together in one or the others apartments and that we were doing joint shopping for both. So im really hoping that seeing as its now been a year and nine months since moving in with each other they will give us the benefit of the doubt.

Every other requirement we have fullfilled and we have provided enough evidence that we are in a genuine and continueous relationship.

So please for the next few days/weeks if you can all keep your fingers crossed for us I would greatly appreciate it.

On a good note if it does come through its likely i have 2 jobs I can choose from to walk into.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment