Monday, January 10, 2011

Are you there Immi? Its me Claire (Part 1)

It has now been 4 months since I handed in my visa application in person to the Sydney Office. So I decided that from now on they will be getting a monthly call for an update. I received an email from a girl I got chatting to through a forum who is going through the same ordeal as myself, in it she let me know she called herself for an update and was informed that her case is now in the process and awaiting a CO to make a decision. Feeling somewhat optomistic I decided to give them as call for an update.

I spoke with the lovely Lang who informed me that everything they need at present has been received but unfortunately I have not been placed in the "process as of yet" and that I need to be patient. The current time line for this visa is now 6 - 9 months. Which thankfully is a step down from the 9 - 12 I was told in September. Once I receive a CO if they require anymore documentation they will write me a letter requesting it. I explained the reason why I called we because on a forum ive been visiting there seem to be a lot of cases being completed within 3 - 4 months some less then that. Her response was that they are all treated on a case by case basis which unfortunately contradicts what I was told by the guy on the reception at the sydney office in November when I was handing in my police and health check. I was informed then that all applications are treated in order in which they are received. Hum! it has been evident to me since the beginning that this is not the case.

I guess as always I just have to sit and wait. Que sarcastic yay. Yes im still happy. But I would be more happy having a job and being able to move to a nicer apartment/house and also start to plan my wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment