Thursday, January 13, 2011

The 'rents have left the building.

Well the day has come. My parents have vacated my home, are on their way to the airport and I am sad. Yes there were tears.

I have been pretty lucky since I have moved over to Australia, I have returned home 3 times and my parents have visited twice. So in the space of 2.5 years I have spent time with them 5 times in total. I know a number of people who have been lucky to have seen their family once or twice in that time. I guess you could say that i have been spoilt.

My parents have been here for 8 weeks sharing our tiny 1 bedroom apartment and yes at times it felt crowded and sleeping on a mattress hasn't been fun (oh and the fact that they can bicker like teenagers to a point i would jokingly say "silence or ill turn this car around" :) ). But it has been nice having them here. When they were here the last time i was working so i only got to hang with them in the evenings. When I have been home ive been busy catching up with the world and his mother (last time it was showing Matt around Dublin), so I didnt get a lot of time with my mammy and daddy. This time however I have spent a great deal of time with them both and it has been wonderful. I cant remember the last time i spent a full day just hanging with them(let alone weeks). I have cherished every moment of it.

As I was saying goodbye to them this morning the realisation that I wont be seeing them for over a year and a half set in and I got quite upset.(Thankfully Matty had stayed back to say goodbye and comforted me). It will be the longest time I will have spent away from them. Next time will be my wedding in Dublin.

For now though I guess I just gotta go and sort out the apartment and put things back where they belong. Oh and take down the blow up mattress. but first things first Curves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment