Monday, February 7, 2011

FebFast - Day 5 and 6

What a weekend. Sydney experienced the hottest night on record and I survived a weekend of get togeathers. Saturday we spent the day sorting the apartment. We then got invited to go to Gordons bay for a swim with friends then to a bbq afterwards at their place. The swim was amazing and soo needed on a day that hit 42 degrees celcius. Gordons Bay is a perfect spot surrounded by cliffs to give you enough shade from the sun.

After the swim was a stop off at Dan Murphys in Alexandria for BBQ provisions. where believe it or not I got asked for ID for my Ginger Ale and bottle of Non-Alcoholic Bubbly. Matt was paying for his beers also at the time and the lady insisted that I went to the car to get my ID. Talk about irony.

Proof of my bubbles.


Yesterday I drank the Newington Dry of ginger beer. Apparently according to the licencee they usually sell about 1 a week. Matt informed Craig to order extra in for Feb cause thats all Ill be drinking. We had friends over for a roast dinner which at our place usually involves a lot of booze but on this occasion turned out to be a sober event.


Days of FebFast: 5 +6
Days remaining: 22
Number of FastBreaks Purchased: 0
Number of times at pub drinking water: 4
Amount raised: $300
Amount to Goal: $200

Shout out goes to my lovely twin sister Niamh who has kindly brought me to the $300 stage and has donated all the way from Ireland. Go Raibh Mile Maith Agut xxxxxxx

Im on day 7 now will report later. For now if you wish to donate please do. Im only $200 away :)
http://www.febfastfundraising.com.au/claire_king_5

remember its for a great cause and all you have to do is donate even the cost of one drink you would have had over the weekend.

Claire

1 comment: