Thursday, February 17, 2011

Im going "Back to the 80's"

So as you all know I had my disaster of an audition for the Ashfield Musical Society last week. The week following the audition was aweful. I was anxious daily to hear back. Constantly checking my emails to see if there was an email about whether I was in or out. Basically that same feeling you get when your trying to hear whether you got a job or not.


On sunday I got an email that begain with. "Congratulations, what a great standard of singing and dancing we had at the auditions" but later on said "Rehersals will begin on Thursday, so everyone who has received an email from me will be required". I sat there confused trying to decide if I was in or not. In the end I interpreted that I wasn't in as I hadn't received another email from her. That feeling of rejection started the sink in. I then started to think. What if this is the email she was talking about and maybe she meant to say "all of you who have received this email are requided". so I responded back asking "Am I required on the 17th? I havent received any other email from you. Or is this the email you are talking about?". Half and hour later she responded that "Yes it was the email she was talking about and that she will clarify that with everyone".

So I guess they looked beyond the nerves from the audition and decided to give me a shot in the musical. I dont have a part but thats cool cause i really only wanted to be part of the chorus.. its where the fun is.

Tonight is the first rehershal. Im so excited for it.. Incase you dont know the musical is "Back to the 80's". It was written by some Aussie guy but features some of the best songs from the 80's. it even gets rickrolled. Show will be on in early June at Concord RSL for anyone who wants to support. I will keep you posted.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment